Scroll through other Lowestoft closed premises
From correspondance (see historical details) it would appear that the pub was called Dutch Hoy in 1841 and earlier. Also soon after 1861 it was split into two public houses with part becoming the Ship whilst the remainder was then called the Railway.
The 1881 census shows 98 & 99 High Street as a grocer's shop.
last updated 24/07/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
The Lowestoft central railway station was built in 1855 by the Lucas Brothers. It was considered a fine example of their work which amongst other outstanding Victorian buildings included the Royal Albert Hall.