Grundisburgh DogReal Ale is available here
The Green, IP13 6TA
grid reference TM 224 509
opened 1838 or earlieremail us
- Closed Mondays
- Tue-Thu: 1200-1430, 1730-2300
- Fri- Sat: 1200-2300
- Sun: 1200-2230
- Tue-Sat: 1200-1400, 1730-2100
- Sun: 1200-1430, 1730-2100
regular real ales
Adnams Bitter, Woodfordes Wherry
Ask at bar for key.
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Grundisburgh is Suffolk Coastal
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 01/01/2017
A large, two bar pub located opposite the village green. The basic public bar (to the left) retains a flagstone floor whilst the more plush lounge bar is also used as a restaurant.
Under US Jim Crow laws, during World War Two, the Dog was designated as being for the use of white GIs, with their black compatriots using the Tuddenham Fountain.
The pub holds beer festivals may & August bank holidays.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 3.8 miles away (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)