Scroll through other Newmarket closed premises
The building dates from the mid 18th century.
A Victorian brewery was also listed on this site.
The Wellington was originally The Fox and Goose, in Fox and Goose Lane, both later renamed Wellington. The New Wellington (as is now) was a converted veterinary surgery, licence transferred there on the closure of The Wellington. Located at junction of Chevely Road and Ashley Road.
(information from Tony Pringle)
In 1931 it closed as pub and is now a charity shop
The license was transfered to a new pub called New Wellington in Chevely rd.
listed building grade II
last updated 15/03/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1830 Pigots Directory supplied by Sandra Easom)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)