Great Bradley Fox
previously known as Fox & Goose
grid reference TL 670 530
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 18/06/2015
Now residential, the building dates from the 17th century, with a 19th century façade.
Renamed the Fox some time between 1888 and 1916.
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Jul-12 in 1870 when Joseph Wakeling was the landlord states that :
Two men who would later be convicted of stealing sheep used the Fox yard. Wakeling gave evidence at their trial that their cart seemed heavily laden.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)