Stowmarket Porter's Lodge
mid 20th century
opened 1848 circa
35 Stowupland St
grid reference TM 049 588
View in Google Earth
last updated 31/07/2014
Little is currently known about this beer house dating from about 1848 to unknown closure date. John Earthy Godbold bought the building in this year, he was a farrier and later a vetinary surgeon.
Recently open by Richard Pitkin and his wife as the Harlequin Tearoom.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)