Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
In the 1861 census this beer house was listed as the Soldiers Friend and located two houses after Grimwade's Cottages in Anglesea Road, between 3 & 5 (at 4?). The location suggests the this is the Suffolk Artillery Arms, listed at 13 Anglesea Rd. by 1871. (Probable street renumbering)
At that time the cavalry barracks were still located nearby (now redeveloped as housing in the Cecil Rd + Geneva Rd area).
last updated 09/11/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)