Bury St Edmunds Beehive (Bee Hive)
previously known as Admiral Hervey
closed 1912 circa
21 College St
grid reference TL 854 639
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 09/03/2016
Built early to mid 19th century.
The main door (with 6 sunk panels) leads into a passageway with a similar doorway at the rear and apparently once led to the public house premises and stabling in the yard.
There have been references to two different Beehive pubs in College St, this one and another at no. 50, though there is some doubt about whether no. 50 was actually a pub.
For listing detail see www.imagesofengland.org.uk
In 1861 the pub is listed at 16 College st
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)