Gislingham Prince George
previously known as Prince of Wales
closed 1926 or 1927
last owner Colchester Brewery
West View House High St
grid reference TM 075 715
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 20/03/2016
Now West View House, this was build around 1600, with some rebuilding a century later and alterations in the 19th and 20th centuries.
The license wasn't renewed in 1927, so the pub closed 1926 or 1927.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)
Closure date from Hartismere licensing records.