Felixstowe Felix Hotel
previously known as Galleon Bar
grid reference TM 307 346
View in Google Earth
last updated 07/09/2015
Felix Hotel Closed in 1950-51 however part of the building reopened as Galleon Bar in 1952 and closed in 1966. The rest of the building was used as offices and conference facilities and called Harvest House.
Appears on the 1902 OS map as the Balmoral Hotel. Apparently this was what it was originally going to be called, but at the last moment it got called the Felix Hotel instead.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Felix's license was issued in 1897.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic book information from Bob Mitchell)