Walpole Prince of Wales
closed 1932 or 33
grid reference TM 365 745
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 25/04/2015
Large building on main road (B1117) junction which probably dates from the 16th century.
Has been referred to as the "Old Prince", but was licensed as the Prince of Wales from 1847 (or earlier) until closure in 1932 or 1933 (exact date not known, it's recorded in the licensing records that no application for renewal was received in 1933).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)