Scroll through other Stowmarket closed premises
Former coach inn and post house.
Closed and sold for use as retail premises in 1808.
Later used by Woolworths.
Shortly after closure the name was transferred to the former Black Swan.
last updated 16/04/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)