Scroll through other Stowmarket closed premises
Mainly late 14th century, with 15th and 20th century alterations. Located between Queens Head and Gordon Temperence Hotel.
Known as Norwich Ale Stores after about 1884
Leased to Morgans Norwich Brewery in its latter years.
Then run as a Cycle shop by the Dykes family who also ran the adjacent Temperence Hotel.
(information supplied from Neil Langridge)
listed building grade II*
last updated 31/07/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)