Scroll through other Elmswell closed premises
Now called Fox and Goose cottages. Although it's marked as the "Fox & Goose" on old OS maps as far back as 1884, it's not actually marked as a pub (whereas other nearby pubs are marked as pubs. So it had probably already closed by then.
Fox & Goose is listed in all of the censuses from 1841 to 1911, excepting 1851, but none show it as a pub.
last updated 11/05/2012
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)