Felsham Six Bells
Church Rd, IP30 0PJ
grid reference TL 946 570
opened 16th Cent
owner Free House
(details under review)
- Mon: 1700-2300
- Wed-Thu: 1700-2300
- Fri-Sat: "lunch times", 1700-2300
- Sun: 1200-2230
- Evening meals available Mon, Wed-Sat
- Sunday lunch served from 1230
- Full takeaway menu avalable Mon, Wed-Sat
regular real ales
GK IPA with Abbot and Guest beers on gravity (direct from the cellar).
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Felsham is Mid Suffolk
last updated 14/07/2015
Traditional pub with parts of the building dating from the late 16th century (possibly earlier), whilst others are 19th and 20th century. Now hosts a fruit machine and quiz machine but no juke box or background music, although live music is provided monthly.
Despite having a large menu it is not treated as a restaurant (as in the past) but is now a pub that does offer home made food, with food available every session.
Formerly a Greene King pub, but seen being re-signed as a freehouse when visited in August 2014.
Many apologies to Kevin Forsyth, the landlord of Felsham Six Bells - which we incorrectly listed as closed in the current edition of Last Orders - it was actually still trading whilst being refurbished and rebadged as a Free House. We certainly wish him well in this new venture.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Traditional separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Real coal or log fire
Dogs are welcome
Children are welcome
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Regular live music
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA members since 1978)