Barrow Weeping Willow
closed August 2014
39 Bury Rd, IP29 5AB
grid reference TL 766 636
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 21/02/2016
One of the oldest buildings in the village. It's heavily timber framed and retains an inglenook fireplace.
The building dates from the early 16th century.
Reported to have closed August 2014. Observed to be boarded-up and for sale May 2015, evidently having been on the market for some time. In June the building was sold, so we hope it may reopen soon.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)