previously known as Three Feathers
closed early 2013
last owner Punch
231 High St, IP11 9DT
grid reference TM 295 356
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Walton is part of the Felixstowe parish
last updated 11/04/2015
Found boarded-up and for sale, May 2013.
Built late 16th - early 17th century.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Feathers' license was issued in 1842. This probably refers to its full (ie not just beer) license, since it's apparently been trading as a pub since 1712 (according to an Ipswich Star report).
In 2013 the building was sold by Punch Taverns to developers Roseberry Property Development Co Ltd who had their design for conversion to residential use approved by local council in March 2014.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)