Ipswich Royal George
previously known as George?
closed September 13th, 1917
13 High St
grid reference TM 161 447
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 11/04/2015
Shown at this location on the 1883 OS map.
Reported in Tower Ramparts 1881 to 1916, except 1901.
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
This is probably the George, Tower Ramparts.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)