grid reference TM 454 813
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 11/04/2015
Located in a timber framed house (dating from around the early 18 cent.) the Horseshoes closed in about 1910 for "unruly behaviour". It was briefly owned by Adnams when it closed but before that it was a beer and cider house. Hence the cider apple orchard behind it.
(Information supplied by Rosemary Moffatt)
It is on the Frostenden to Stoven road on a crossroads.
Closed December 31st 1910 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Blything licensing records.