Felixstowe Fludyer Arms
previously known as Fludyer's Arms, Fludyer Hotel
Undercliff Rd East, IP11 7LU
grid reference TM 312 348
opened 1833 (built) 1903 (rebuilt in brick)
owner The Yeo Group
bar / diner
- Bar is open to ALL (open all day, every day)
regular real ales
Regular beers: Adnams (at least Southwold Bitter); Woodfordes Wherry
Usually from Adnams
ask for the code at the bar.
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Felixstowe is Suffolk Coastal
last updated 20/03/2015
Much-extended to incorporate a "boutique" hotel, but still retaining a Real Ale bar open to the public.
Modern outside terrace with fantastic sea views !
Regular Sunday evening (free) Jazz night feature top names such as Gilad Atzmon, Toni Kofi and Jim Mullen. See Jazz East for gig listings.
Current building dates from 1903 (see history).
Curiously, the 1910 Felixstowe Rate Book lists the Fludyers as a restaurant, not a pub or hotel.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Dogs are welcome
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Railway station about 0.9 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Regular live music
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper & book information from Bob Mitchell)
Sir Samuel Brudenell FLUDYER, BART died on 17 Feb 1833 aged 73 and is buried in Nacton.