Mendlesham Brewers' Arms
closed February 29th, 1925
40 Old Market St
grid reference TM 103 658
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 19/09/2015
The main part of the building dates from the 16th century, with extensions to the right in the 18th and 19th.
Licensed as an unnamed beerhouse until 1922. On January 8th, 1922, Christmas George Holden took over the license and for the first time the name "Brewer's Arms" appeared in the licensing record.
Closed 1925 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Hartismere licensing records.
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)