St Olaves Bell
Beccles Rd, NR31 9HE
grid reference TM 457 994
opened c. 1520
(details under review)
- Mon-Sat: 1100-2400
- Sun: 1200-2400
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
St Olaves is part of the Fritton & St Olaves parish
last updated 06/04/2015
Included in this guide for historical reasons, as this area was part of Suffolk until 1974.
The building dates from the late 16th century and once incorporated a brewery. It was originally a hostel serving the local priory, but became an inn at the time of the Reformation.
Railway station about 3 miles away (see public transport tab for details)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)