closed between 1952 and 1978?
grid reference TL 808 584
View in Google Earth
last updated 25/06/2015
Now a B&B. This is shown on OS maps as a beerhouse at least as late as 1952; by the 1978 sheet it's just shown as "Pear Trees", suggesting it closed between those dates.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)