CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 06/11/2017
Lowestoft Flowing Bowlhistorical era: mid 20th century
opened 1861 circa
The Flowing Bowl was listed in the 1910 Lowestoft Rate book, apparently at Whapload Road. At the time it was owned by the Crown Brewery.
This pub has also been listed variously at the Beach in 1861 & 1871, at Rant Score East in 1865 & 1869, Boardley Road in 1881, Beech Street in 1891 and at 21 East Street in 1911. It's also listed on corner of East Street and Rant Score East.
It remained a pub until 1932 when the premises became known as The Working Men's Social Club.
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)