Woolpit White Elm
previously known as Railway Tavern
closed between 1904 and 1974?
grid reference TL 968 628
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 26/09/2015
The White Elm is shown on OS maps as a beerhouse at least as late as 1904. By the 1974 sheet, it's just shown as "The White Elm" - whether or not it was still a beerhouse by that date isn't entirely clear, but it seems likely it wasn't.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)