Witnesham Carpenters' Arms
closed before 1882?
grid reference TM 183 502
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 17/04/2016
Doesn't appear in the 1956-1967 Orwell licensing records. It isn't mentioned on the 1909 Rates book. It also fails to appear on any available OS maps (as early as 1882) so must have closed a long time ago.
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the pub was recorded as long ago as 1712.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)