Eye Queen's Head
- Tue-Thu: 1200-1500, 1700-2230
- Fri-Sat: 1200-2300
- Sun: 1200-1900
- Tue-Sat: 1200-1400, 1800-2100
- Sun: lunch from 1200
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Eye is Mid Suffolk
last updated 14/08/2015
Now established as a Free House is this lovely restored mediaeval building in the centre of town. Regularly serving ales from casks on the counter - featuring Adnams as a regular with frequently changing guest ales including those from local micro breweries.
There are now three drinking areas - the Lounge Bar with the counter and a mediaeval brick fireplace, a snug (behind the fireplace) and the bright and sunny Cross Street Bar, where familes are particularly welcome, and it is set with dining tables and an open fire.
All home-made pub food and light lunches, the food prepared by landlady Pamela Roper. She specialises in Spanish Tapas inspired by her years in Tenerife, but is also popular for standard pub grub and all home made pizzas. There's a speciality curry night on the first Wednesday of every month.
As the last remaining pub in town, it is not surprisingly that it can be very busy at lunchtimes with food and with a younger clientele during evenings (especially at weekend). There is also a newly planted beer garden with lots of seating. Dogs and children welcome. Car parking available nearby.
Beer served direct from the barrel by gravity
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Traditional separate public bar
Pub sells beer from local brewers
Traditional pub games available
Real coal or log fire
Dogs are welcome
Children are welcome
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 4.2 miles away (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
WiFi available (a charge may apply)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)