Built early 16th century. The remains of a stone cross in the orchard associated with the Evergreen Oak originally stood elsewhere in the village, where it was erected as a result of John Coles' will in 1527.
listed building grade II
last updated 02/01/2015
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)