CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 11/04/2015
Known to have already been open for a long time by 1765, when it was advertised to let in the Ipswich Journal.
April 23rd 1765
To be let-the ancient publick house called the Fox in Ballingdon, Essex, now in occupation of John Burton who is leaving the business in order to enlarge his present branch of the woollen manufacture, also a good malting.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
 News report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society.