Essentially a hotel/restaurant, but with a bar that's open to the public for just having a drink.
Impressive house rebuilt in 1898 by Capt. William Palmer. The owner, Lady Featherstone-Haugh was Lady in Waiting to Queen Mary and her husband was racing manager to King George V. The original Victorian greenhouse still stands in garden. 15 letting rooms. Food available 12-2.30; 6.30-8.45.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)