Stowmarket King's Arms (Ipswich St)
opened 1660 circa
last updated 11/04/2015
Stood roughly where the current Thornton's and Argos stores are.
Used as a staging post for coaches in early 19th cent. Closed for conversion into retail premises (later William Turners drapery shop).
Building was demolished in 1970.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)