Stowmarket Carpenter's Armshistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 11/04/2015
George Goodwin was first known owner. Later owned by Jonathan Godbold & his executors (1851-68)
Burnt down in 1868 as part of the famous Bury St fire which destroyed several premises.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)