Scroll through other Stonham Aspal closed premises
"Last former owner of the pub 1955 to 1958 was Frederick Ling (not King). We bought the house from his son. It appeared the pub also stocked drinks from The Colchester Brewery, we found broken old bottles on the grounds with this on. The pub was called The Old Royal Oak circa 1914."
(information supplied by Karen Bright)
Closed in 1958 and the license was transferred to the Great Yarmouth Elephant & Castle.
last updated 17/01/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)