Southwold Grand Hotel
closed 1940 circa
grid reference TM 510 765
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
Described in 1912 as:
"magnificent position facing sea, near pier, station & golf links; luxuriously furnished apartments, including spacious lounge, billiard, smoking & reading rooms; lift; electric light; heated in winter; table d'hote; separate tables; extensive grounds; omnibus meets trains."
Used by army during WW2 (requisitioned March 27th 1940) and never reopened. The license was transferred to the Neptune.
Demolished in 1959.
Shown at this location on the 1883 OS map.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)