closed between 1922 and the 1930s
grid reference TM 401 842
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
The pub is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1957, but by the 1975 sheet it's shown as "Wig House". The 1910 Rates book lists the pub, but has a later annotation, "late", so it must have closed between 1922 (last recorded landlord) and the 1930s, the period for which the book was in use.
Although not clear, the name in the Rates book appears to be the "Wigg".
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)