loading
Photo of Victoria
firstlastnextlast

Needham Market Victoria



closed
Victorian or Edwardian

opened 1844 circa

closed 1868

76 High St

grid reference TM 088 550


Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

listed building grade II


View in Google Earth
last updated 20/02/2015

Owned by George Stewart from 1845 to 1868 when it was sold to Samuel Maw for £235 - then it had a front shop, parlour, tap room, kitchen, scullery, pantry, cellerage, 3 bed chambers and a small brewery to rear. The tenant when it was sold was Robert Button - then living at 118 High St and who took on the license.

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)

Most of the building dates from the late 19th century, though parts date back to the 16th.


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(information from book "Needham Market Pubs" by Desmond and Shelagh Herring)