Scroll through other East Bergholt closed premises
The original White Horse was a short way to the east of this building, where it was shown on 19th century OS maps. We don't know when the license was transferred, but part of the (now subdivided) older building has the date 1904 over the door, so this may be a clue. The 1909 Rates book names the new building as the "new" White Horse, suggesting a similar time.
last updated 07/11/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)