grid reference TL 974 342
View in Google Earth
Nayland is part of the Nayland with Wissington parish
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 18/01/2016
Town Street is an old name for the High Street. The pub is apparently now called Vine House and is next to the Post Office.
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 21 Sept 1745 to
This is to give notice that the Vine Tavern at Nayland is now opened. Landlord Henry Brumwen.
The Ipswich Journal*** on Jan 18th 1800 lists:
"The Vine Inn, Nayland, auction March next, the estate of Mr ISAAC NICHOLSON
The Vine Inn auction...meet at the house of STEPHEN RADFORD, The Anchor at Nayland"
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)