41 Bear St
grid reference TL 972 343
View in Google Earth
Nayland is part of the Nayland with Wissington parish
last updated 16/06/2015
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Apr-07 in 1874 when Edward Sandford was the landlord states that : The landlords of The Butchers Arms, Vine and Compasses were all called to give evidence in the trial of 4 men accussed of burgalry and attempted murder.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)