grid reference TM 135 618Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 23/03/2016
Now called Dragon Cottages. The beerhouse was in the left-hand side of the building; the right-hand side was used as a village shop for a short while. The pargetting is a more modern addition to the premises.
Many thanks to one former resident, Maggy, who helped to clarryfy the layout.
Closure date unknown, but certainly since 1960. Probably before 1976, as the pub is not shown on that year's OS map.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)
The dragon may be a reference to the Earl of Pembroke and a green dragon appears on their coat of arms. William de la Pole, 1st Duke of Suffolk was an important medieval English soldier and commander in the Hundred Years' War and later Lord Chamberlain of England. He was created Earl of Pembroke in 1447 and Duke of Suffolk in 1448.