Lowestoft Sailor's Return
previously known as Fisherman's Return
14 Anguish St
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 07/05/2016
Listed at Beach, Wildes Score East & Whapload St. between 1861 & 1874.
Listed at 14 Anguish street in the 1910 Lowestoft Rate book, when it was owned by Youngman & Preston. Youngman & Preston was acquired by Lacon & Co Ltd in 1919 and brewery closed in 1922.
Also listed at 24 Anguish street after WW1
After it ceased to be a tavern the buildings were used as a dairy for several years first by Joseph Flerty and later by Mrs Elizabeth Thurston.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)