Lowestoft Red Lion
grid reference TM 551 938
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 15/01/2016
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 07 Apr 1759 states : To be lett, a large, convenient and well-accustom'd Drawing-House, the Red Lyon in Lowestoft, late in the Occupation of Robert Lilley, with a Stable and other convenient Outhouses thereto belonging, all in good Repair. Enquire of Mr Samuel Caley at Gorleston.
Demolished 1898 to allow the Town Hall to be extended.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)