Earl Soham Falcon
The St (A1120), IP13 7SA
grid reference TM 232 631
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 03/03/2016
Now residential, the Falcon was once used as a Commercial Hotel with a quiet lounge bar.
Built late 16th/early 17th century.
A reference in the Ipswich Journal*** on 06 April 1745 to Mr John Crane at the Faulcon, in Earl-Soham, near Framlingham.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jan 1880 states :
To be sold by auction, by the instructions of Mr Swain, all the neat and useful household furniture and effects throughout the Falcon Inn, Earl Soham.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on Apr-09 in 1881 when William Mosely was the landlord states that :
Emma Louisa Fairweather was found guilty of theft and Messers William Baldry and Curtis Capon guilty of receiving stolen goods. Both Mrs Emeny of the beerhouse and Mosely of the Falcon witness transactions taking place in their houses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)