Long Melford King William
Victorian or Edwardian
Little St Mary's, CO10 9LQ
grid reference TL 862 452
View in Google Earth
last updated 07/11/2014
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Jul-12 in 1887 when William Dixey was the landlord states that :
"John Honeywood called for a pint of beer a little before 8am on a Sunday, later that day he stole a pig. At his trial the live pig was brought into the court room and identified the owners pigman. Honeywood was found guilty and given 9 months hard labour."
Possibly now a house called Old Maltings House. This may be the pub and will be confirmed as soon as possible.
(thanks to Peter Borlace for information)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)