Lavenham Crown & Anchor
previously known as Anchor
grid reference TL 918 494
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 22/04/2016
In 1881 census 6 lodgers were tramps + 1 was an agricultural labourer.
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Anchor was one of at least three pubs known to exist in 1425.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)