Scroll through other Denston closed premises
Closed and on the market when visited in June 2007. The pub dates back to 1720.
The Plumbers Arms has to be kept as a pub and is not allowed to be changed into a private house after both a Planning Application and subsequent Appeals - supported by local CAMRA submissions and St Edmundsbury council - have been dismissed by the Planning Inspector (May 2009).
listed building grade II
last updated 10/02/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)