previously known as Six Bells
closed between 1922 and 1952?
grid reference TM 026 770
View in Google Earth
last updated 27/09/2014
Now residential and known as Orchard House. The former pub's orchard has also been sold off and now contains a property called 'Appledown'.
The old pub was also located close to a bend in the road still known locally as 'Bells Corner'.
(information supplied by Tony Hainsworth)
The pub is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1905 but seems to have gone by the 1952 sheet, so probably closed between 1922 (the last directory entry found) and 1952.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)