previously known as: Queen's HeadReal Ale
B1116, IP13 8AB
grid reference TM 281 670
bar / diner
(details under review)Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Dennington is Suffolk Coastal
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 10/12/2016
A large timber framed building set back from the main road and close to the church. It has spacious dining areas and a small retained drinking area.
According to the Listed Buildings Register, parts of the building date from the early 16th century, others from the early 17th. However, according to A Survey of Suffolk Parish Histories, records of the pub date as far back as 1483.
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
WiFi available (a charge may apply)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)