Halesworth Marquis of Cornwallis
last updated 29/09/2013
In 1839 and 1840 listed in Queen St.
London Rd. was previously called Pound St.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(according to Michael Anderton "London Road was known as Pound Street until 1880 and the original location of a pound where the Lord of Halesworth Manor kept stray animals" also see this website.)