Halesworth Wilke's Head
previously known as: Green Man, Crown & Anchorhistorical era: before 1840
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 13/01/2016
London Rd. was previously called Pound St.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(according to Michael Anderton "London Road was known as Pound Street until 1880 and the original location of a pound where the Lord of Halesworth Manor kept stray animals" also see this website.)
A Green Man is a sculpture, drawing, or other representation of a face surrounded by or made from leaves. Also frequently found on carvings in churches and other buildings (both secular and ecclesiastical).