Scroll through other Grundisburgh closed premises
May also be listed in Meeting La.
Shown as a beerhouse on the 1881 OS map but not on the 1927 edition, so presumably closed some time in between. Still open at least as late as 1922.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Sun's beerhouse license was issued in 1842.
The 1909 rates book seems to list this pub as the "Tunns Inn". It appears from the book to have closed at about the right time for this pub and also lists Alfred Smith as landlord. Perhaps this was an alternative name for the pub?
Closed in 1928 as part of a deal which saw the Bentley Tankard's license transferred to the Rushmere St Andrew Golf.
last updated 15/09/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)